YSL nail laquer 8 FUCHSIA CUBISTE | Review

11.10.14 Unknown 0 Comments



I have to admit, that I'm a little obsessed with nail polish. I have a huge collection of mostly rather cheap nail polishes in various colours. I know, that I will never be able to empty even a single one of them, but that's why I share them with my sister and even some of my friends. I just love the creativity you can put into nail art. You can also just show your current mood with a simple colour you chose or cherish the presence of a new season.

One of my sister's childhood friends is a beautician now and gave us the opportunity to try one of her expensive nail polishes. She uses the Yves Saint Laurent La Laque Couture Nail Lacquer for work. I personally wouldn't have bought it myself as it's too much money for an occasional usage in my opinion... But I tried it anyway. :)

This nail polish is in the colour #8 FUCHSIA CUBISTE, which I think is gorgeous. It's a burgundy shade, that changes with different lighting. When the sun shines on your nails it's very light (like on the picture above). In a candle light situation it would be rather dark. I think that's due to the fact, that there's only one coat on my nails, which is amazing! This nail polish gives the highest coverage and perfect coloration after applying just one coat!

Applying this nail polish was the easiest thing ever. It's consistency is creamy, but not too thick. The flat brush enables a perfect application with just one stroke. 
----> It's like the nail polish of my dreams already!

Although there are so many positive things to say about this product, there is still something to complain about... After drying really quickly, i wanted to apply a top coat to my nails. When I was trying to cover my nails, I realised that the colour went onto the clear brush. So I instantly stopped and thought, I'd rather see how long the YSL nail polish would stay on my nails without a top coat. I can tell you, these were some hard days... My nails transferred the colour onto everything I accidently touched with them.
Besides that I was very pleased by how long-lasting this nail polish was. The picture above was taken on the fifth day.

I personally think the pros outweigh the cons. Maybe I'll buy one of these someday. ^^


What do you think about high-end nail polishes?


Thank you for reading!

Have a nice day!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments: